Thursday, April 01, 2010

Chaz Maviyane-Davies Speaks In Beverly

The other day G.D.S. Went to see our beloved professor Chaz Maviyane Davies speak at Endicott College way out in Beverly, MA. The weather was unforgiving, the commute lengthy, and the in-trainsit music was lacking; but upon our arrival at snowy Endicott we were greeted with a warm reception, plenty of fatty snacks, and a jubilant Chaz distributing copies of the poster he'd designed for the event.

Several MassArt student's works were on display along side Chaz's, among them: Cedric Douglass, Jessica DeJesus (both pictured below), RJ Foley, {let me know if I'm missing your name here- I'll augment it}. We also met Kathleen Moore, the coordinator of visal arts around those parts, who had nothing but smiles for us.

Chaz spoke of his experiences in, and frustrations with, his home Zimbabwe. He also spoke, more in prose, of his experiences with graphic design, and humored us with some anecdotes of early deadlines and quick thinking. His presentation was very articulate and smooth, but what were most affecting, were his words on the present situation in Zimbabwe and how circumstances there spured his coming to America. I believe this segment was titled 'Dissent'. One can immagine how difficult it must have been to put some of the things he spoke of to words.

The auditorium had a lot of people in it, there were no technical problems to be spoken of. We had a really good time, or at least I did, but I'm the one chronicling this for posterity so WE had a good time, damnit.




15 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Snyder Marci said...

Such a beautiful photographs collection looking so great images.Thanks a lot for sharing with us. I'll visit your blog again.

Image Masking Service said...

This post contain a lot of information about recent wheel of events.i hope this article will be helpful for the reader’s.thank you very much for sharing with us.

2009 DREAM said...

I recently came across your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I don’t know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog, I will keep visiting this blog very often. עיצוב לוגו

clipping path said...

Your blog is best i have seen today. Excellent post you have all are so informative and so amazing.

Masood said...

Awesome blog. I enjoyed reading your articles. This is truly a great read for me. I have bookmarked it and I am looking forward to reading new articles. Keep up the good work! Background Knockout Service Please let me know if you’re looking for a article writer for your site. You have some really great posts and I feel I would be a good asset. If you ever want to take some of the load off, I’d absolutely love to write some material for your blog in exchange for a link back to mine. Please send me an email if interested. Thank you!

Lauren Gottlieb said...

I wish more authors of this type of content would take the time you did to research and write so well. I am very impressed with your vision and insight. Clipping Mask Service

SEO KILLER said...

This is a great article thanks for sharing this informative information. I will visit your blog regularly for some latest post. I will visit your blog regularly for Some latest post. seo services kc

IMF said...

Hey what a brilliant post I have come across and believe me I have been searching out for this similar kind of post for past a week and hardly came across this. Thank you very much and will look for more postings from you. cost effective marketing

Clipping Path Service India said...

Your Blog is beautiful thanks for this great inspiration…..

Clipping Path.Com.De said...

This is a most important blog and it’s very helpful for us.

Clipping Path Service said...

Wonderful Tutorial, thanks for putting this together! This is obviously one great post. Thanks for the valuable information .

fortnite said...

Google's own statistics say that by 2018 73% of searches put into a search engine will result in the person watching a video. Web Site which are crucial for the web development of an organization.

2009 DREAM said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Xaria Castello said...

This post was a timely reminder to pause, reflect, and express gratitude for the blessings in our lives. Thank you for encouraging mindfulness.

Visit Here: eCommerce image editing service

Post a Comment